The torpedoes from the Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission are exploding, and Wall Street is very angry. Here's what they are planning if they win in 2024.
Corporate consolidation has gone too far and Americans need to slap Wall Street down. Here are several ways for Americans to bring back a regulated free market economy.
1. Nationalize our banking system. We are beyond trying to regulate the greed.
2. Nationalize the health insurance companies creating a national healthcare system for all. This will be the first step in reducing income inequality and stoping the transfer of wealth from the working class to the 1%.
3. Enforce the progressive tax rate that was originally passed into law.
4. Pass and enforce existing anti-trust laws.
5. Elect politicians that represent all American citizens not just the 1% and the politicians themselves.
This would be a good start. I welcome any further ideas readers would like to add.
Surprise! Surprise! GOP legislators ignore the will of their base.
I was wondering if you got my email about the frozen food delivery business. Also seeing real debate and diverging opinions in the Federalist Society is something to see. Props to Lina Kahn for actually going on stage and making her case for antitrust.
I am so pleased to read that there is talk of regulating social media companies as common carriers. I've been pining for the return of common carriage since the '90s. Back then I wanted Microsoft regulated as a common carrier with respect to Windows. Microsoft had a near monopoly over the PC operating system market, and an operating system seems -- in its relation to application software -- like a textbook example of a carrier.
Are anti-trust laws are ever enforced anyway?
The bankers gave money to family and friends. Bankers in cahoots with friendly developers funded funded real estate with little oversight. The real estate market got over built, sales dried up and the market crashed. My partner and I where developers that funded good projects that made financial sense. It took years to sell our inventory. We never did a new project. I left the business and started a company where I did not have to deal with banks.